Your Firefox, your style! Dress it up with easy-to-use themes.
How to Create Your Own Persona
Personas are made up of two graphic image files - a "header" image and a "footer" image - which skin the default Firefox UI background.
- Step 1: Creating a Persona Header Image
- Step 2: Creating a Persona Footer Image »
- Step 3: Testing your Persona Images »
- Step 4: Submit your Persona! »
Step 1: Creating a Persona Header Image
The header image is displayed as the background of the top of the browser window, nestling in behind the toolbars, address bar, search bar and the tab strip. It will be anchored to the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Dimensions should be 3000px wide x 200px high
- PNG or JPG file format
- subtle, soft contrast images and gradients work best
- highly detailed images will compete with the browser UI
- Firefox may reveal more of the lower portion of the image if it or an extension adds another toolbar or other UI element to the top of the window
- the right-hand side of the image should have the most important information - as a user increases the width of the browser window, the browser reveals more of the left-hand side of the image
- images must be no larger than 300kb in filesize
- images over 3000px x 200px will not be approved
- never use artwork/logos/photography that you do not have the legal rights to use
Did you know you can test a Persona before you submit it? Find out how!»
Online Image Editor Resources
- SUMOPaint - SUMO Paint offers professional and easy to use tools for creating and editing images within a browser. SUMO Paint is a free image editing software that gives you the opportunity to create, edit and comment images online with powerful tools and layer support.
- Photoshop.com - Tweak, rotate and touch up photoswith Photoshop® Express, your free online photo editor.
- Aviary Phoenix - All the Photoshop features you actually need, at a fraction of the price. Did we mention built-in collaboration? Create and edit with the world!